The combination of millet, onions, and cauliflower is classic because it is so harmonious and delicious. The recipe is also very simple:
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into florets or pieces
- 1 cup millet (uncooked)
- 1 large onion, chopped or diced
- 3-4 cups of vegetable broth or water
- small amount of oil or butter for sauteeing onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic or gray sea salt (optional)
- Miso Mayo
BACK TO RECIPES PAGE
- Saute the onions lightly
- Add millet, cauliflower and water or broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add salt, lower heat, cover, and simmer at least 30 minutes till well cooked, adding more liquid as necessary. You will be cooking this longer than you would cook plain millet
- Let it cool down a bit, then mash with a potato masher.
- Mix in desired amount of Miso Mayo and serve as a dish by itself or a substitute for mashed potatoes.